7 Things To Know About The Moon Palace
This past December I traveled to Mexico to stay at The Moon Palace Resort & Spa in Cancun, Mexico. Although I had typically always enjoyed staying in the Riviera Maya, we really enjoyed The Moon Palace Resort & Spa. Furthermore, I will be heading back to the resort in approximately two weeks for Spring Break, so if you are looking for a great play to stay in Cancun, here is a list of the “7 Things You Need To Know About The Moon Palace Resort & Spa.”
1. Hotels: While this is one large resort, there are actually four different buildings, depending on what you are looking for in your vacation: The Grand, Nizuc, Sunrise and The Villas. The Grand is the furthest away from most of the social activities at the Sunrise, but there are three pools and we found the rooms to be more expansive than Sunrise or Nizuc. If your mainly going to be golfing, the Villas are the place to stay and as an added bonus, The Villas provides each room with their own golf cart to get around the resort. One of the coolest things we’ve ever seen was a pillow menu. We had to try six different types!
2. Dining: There are plenty of dining options at The Moon Palace Resort & Spa. From buffets to formal restaurants, the likelihood of not finding something for everyone is rather remote. Different specialities include Mayan, Mexican, American, Italian and Asian dishes. In addition, there are multiple cafés for a quick sandwich, crepe or cup of cappuccino. You can even find some flaming coffee for your after dinner dessert and if you love margaritas like me, you can find one in any of their 12 bars.
3. Water activities: Each of the buildings, with the exception of The Villas, has multiple pools for your sunbathing pleasure. If a pool isn’t to your liking, there is always the beach where you can find a game of volleyball and late night dance parties. You can swim with the dolphins or try the FlowRider, as well as pool volleyball, jet skies and sailing activities. If you can’t find enough water activities, then clearly you aren’t looking as there were more activities to choose then we had time.
4. Golf: This Jack Nicklaus designed golf course is three different nine hole courses, which are both challenging yet scenic. You can even find some natural animals, such as crocodiles hanging out near the watering holes. Carts are definitely needed here so that you can keep up the pace. In addition to real golf, there is also a great mini-golf course at Nizuc, which can be played even at night.
5. Spa: The spa is a great experience ranging from massages to seaweed wraps to manicures and pedicures, relax from a hot day in the sun and pamper yourself at the spa. I had a seaweed wrap, massage and pedicure, which the pedicure was included in our room reservation. Definitely try to spend a half a day at the Spa. You won’t regret it.
6. Night life: There are plenty of places to hangout for a nightcap or see live show, such as night-time fire show. If you’re ready to get your groove on, head on over to the Noir disco or even take the microphone for a night of karaoke. The teen center is an excellent location for games and entertainment for your teenagers, which was open to 11pm when we were there in December.
7. Resort credit: Depending on your package purchased, your reservation will come with up to a $1,500 resort credit to use for golf, spa treatments and wine at dinners. You can also use this credit for some sundry items, yet with our Diamond privileges we were not able to entirely use up our resort credit.
Lastly during or stay in December, as well as our upcoming stay in early March, we arranged to have Diamond membership privileges. The Diamond membership privileges we secured allowed us to have unlimited golf, special areas around the pools, unlimited wines and dinner, as well as a truly amazing customer service experience. I’m looking forward to spending time with friends and family at The Moon Palace Resort & Spa. It is a great place to stay, to relax and play.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)