Bald Man Brewing Company Now Open
New Taproom in Eagan Opened on August 27: Bald Man Brewing
On August 27, 2016, the City of Eagan was fortunate to have a new craft beer taproom open in Bald Man Brewing Company.
Located just north of Highway 13 and east of Highway 7, Bald Man Brewing Company sits in an industrial business complex right off of Silver Bell Lane.
Nearly directly north of the Eagan Outlet Mall, Bald Man Brewing is producing fresh artisan craft beers for the local Twin Cities metro area market. They hope to ultimately have further distribution into other markets in Minnesota and then into other states.
As I pulled into the parking lot, there were many cars out front, which is always a good sign that there are plenty of people inside.
As I opened one of the two front doors, I noticed a sign that said, “Ask your server about food.” Once inside, I immediately noticed that the tanks were named after musicians. The brew master must be a music fan.
On this Thursday night, right before the Vikings game was about to start, there were several open tables available. I noticed that several patrons were having pizza delivered, which reminded me to ask my server about food.
As I approached the bartender, I noticed that there were four beers on tap. As I perused the beer menu, I opted to go with the flight of four for a cool $7.00.
From left to right:
- Blinded By The Light: Limited edition Blonde Ale, with a crisp finish. The graham cracker malt profile was interesting. 3.5% ABV (percentage of Alcohol by Volume)
- Tupelo Honey: As they say, “soon to be famous” honey brown ale. It definitely is lighting in taste than it looks and has a nice honey finish. 6.5% ABV.
- Calibration Day: The original first brew that the Bald Man brew master brewed in the new Eagan location. This light IPA as a slight pine hoppy taste. 4.5% ABV.
- Misty Mountain Hops: The India Pale Ale has a very nice citrus flavor on the tongue and a wonderful tropical fruit finish. 6.1% ABV.
My favorite beer of the flight was the Misty Mountain Hops, which I ordered up a 16oz glass for a cool $5.00. The 10oz pours will range from $3.00-4.00, the 16oz pour from $4.00-$6.00 and a growler fill ranges from $12.00-$15.00. I’d say these prices are very reasonable.
Overall, I’d say the overwhelming favorite beer of the night was the Misty Mountain Hops, followed next by Calibration Day and Tupelo Honey. All of us in our group thought the Blinded By The Light had a funky finish and aftertaste, most likely from the graham cracker malt profile.
As we were ordering another glass, I kept on noticing food being delivered to more patrons so I finally decided to “ask my server about food.” I was told that you could bring in your own food or they had delivery menus, but I was also told that on the weekends they will have food trucks outside the taproom. Win, win, win.
As the Vikings game was approaching the second quarter, the taproom filled up quickly with people eating and enjoying the newest taproom in Minnesota, Bald Man Brewing.
So if you are looking to try out a few new craft brews, head over to Eagan, just like me too.
Bald Man Brewing Company is located at 2020 Silver Bell Road, Suite 28, in Eagan, MN. Monday the taproom is closed. Tuesday through Thursday open from 3 PM – 11 PM. Friday and Saturday open from 11 AM – Midnight and Sunday: 11 AM – 8 PM. Do me a favor and like their Facebook page here and follow them on Twitter here.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)