Together Let’s Try To Help Tackle Hunger
There are two things I love: food and charities.
When it comes to food and charities, the Plates For Good campaign is going to be a win-win. Not just for your belly, but also for Second Harvest Heartland.
Therefore, if you are a diner in the metropolitan Twin Cities area, on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday during September, 10% of the food proceeds (not sure about drinks) at participating restaurants go to benefit Second Harvest Heartland.
The other cool thing about the month of September (besides the fact I remember the 21st night of September) is that it is Hunger Action Month.
Hunger Action Month is where cool folks like you and me band together with local food banks to tackle hunger related issues.
To help support this campaign, there are some groovy sponsors for this campaign, such as Thrivent Mutual Funds, US Foods, Entercom (WCCO Radio), Strategic Socials and Minnesota Monthly magazine.
A full list of restaurants participating in the Plates For Good campaign can be found here, with more additions being added through September 2nd.
However, since I am such a nice kinda pitmaster, poet and storyteller, I thought I’d save you the click. So without further ado, here are the participating restaurants as of August 23rd.
- al Vento – Scratch Italian dishes that are delicious.
- The Bloomington Chophouse – Prime cuts and wine that is so divine.
- La Voya – French plus Minnesotan dishes, kinda Canadian like, eh?
- Lela – Steak, pasta and crudos for all of your foodie desires.
- Mainstreet Bar and Grill – American food all day and every day.
- Red Cow – All I have to say is try the 60-40 burger. You will be in heaven.
- River Inn – Did someone say Prime Rib? I’ll have dibs.
- The Cookie Cups – Gourmet cookies in the shape of mini-cupcakes? This does sound great.
- Turtle’s Bar & Grill– Pizza, burgers and famous fried chicken, oh my.
So there you have it! Why don’t we all do some good in our neighborhoods and help support Second Harvest Heartland this September and let’s all try to do our best to help stamp out hunger one bite-at-a-time.