For over thirty years I have been writing poetry, but up until recently did I only start to publish my poetry via social networking sites as well as this website. There are eight sections of poetry:
- Cinqku - a five line poem, blending a cinquain and a haiku. 17 syllables, in two, three, four, six and two syllables respectively;
- Cinqku Challenge - a daily prompt I created utilizing a specific word for a cinqku;
- Erasure - a poem in which starts with an original poem, then one erases letters and words to form a new poem;
- Haiku - a traditional three verse poem consisting of 17 syllables, in a five-seven-five format;
- National Poetry Month - poems written for National Poetry Month which occurs in the United States each April;
- Personal Poetry - poems I have written that really don't have any other category. They're just personal in nature; and
- Poetry Prompts - prompts to encourage writing a new poem.
- Product Placement Poetry - poems written for the products that I love and enjoy on a daily basis.
Murderers Ballad – National Poetry Month – Day 25
Terror From Within
I wait, for you, but you, don’t see.
Buck’s Row, you walk around.
Your job, you do, does disgust me.
You do, not make, a sound.
It’s you, I greet, my “name” is Jack.
As you, unbutton me.
With my, quick knack, my swift, attack.
Your blood, pours over thee.
My knife, cuts deep, a rip I make.
and frozen dreams.
“Just another manic
A World Filled With Chaos
Our Earth looks peaceful from high above. Yet down below there is chaos.
I Would So Tap That App
Her app I coyly press – she responds. Lovingly I push her buttons.
Branding From Within
You are your own brand, we each are unique.
No need to trademark, the human symbol.
…our own entity.
Waiting to be infringed on by others.
You are an asset, with hidden mystique.
Faded watermarks, written on paper.
Brand experience, over many years.
Your recognition, a logo that’s sleek.
Aided awareness, a top-of-mind brand.
The top echelon……
My Twisted Path
The path of life can be filled with light. Other times it’s dark and twisted.
With my thoughts
And these cupcakes ~
I lick the words off my
Day 13: NaPoWriMo – Revenge
I have never quite understood the phrase “Revenge is a dish best served cold,” as the warmth of blood provides the happiness of a silent steak dinner after he’s bludgeoned by a mallet. This poem was the Day 13 prompt from napowrimo.net for National Poetry Writing Month….