Now I know what you are already thinking, “Oh no, not another recap article,” but I wanted to first say thank you for coming to my website throughout 2015 and into 2016. Second, I did want to let you know what were the 7 most read articles on my website for 2015, but before I do, I wanted to offer some commentary on my writing activities.
Prior to February of 2015, I hadn’t paid much attention to my website. I viewed my website as more of a “dumping ground” of sorts for haiku, long-form poetry and an occasional review. It wasn’t until I successfully completed a 30-day blogging challenge, that I really decided to write on a more consistent basis. I wrote about things I really enjoyed, such as smoking food on my Big Green Egg, travel to places such as Mexico and then reviewing products that I was enjoying .
[button font_size=”20″ color=”#1335c6″ text_color=”#ffffff” icon=”arrow-circle-o-right” url=”https://theproductpoet.com//7-great-tips-from-the-30-day-blogging-challenge/” width=”” target=”_blank”]Read: 7 Great Tips From the 30-Day Blogging Challenge[/button]
For about seven months I was very consistent in publishing daily on my website, up until September of 2015. I’m not quite sure what happened in September of 2015, but I suddenly lost my want to write anything. Whether it was on my website or on Twitter, my writing activities were slowly dwindling. In fact, in December of 2015, I only managed to tweet around 360 times. In earlier months, I would tweet that much in one week. I guess I could say that creatively, I was a bit sapped.
For the last three months of 2015, I perhaps maybe only published five or so posts; however, I found it very interesting in the fact that although I wasn’t publishing, I was experiencing perhaps my greatest amount of traffic to my website. I’ll chalk this interesting fact to search engine optimization, or SEO, on several key articles, which were, and still are, driving a nice amount of traffic to my website. As I now approach the first anniversary of completing a 30-day blogging challenge, I am looking forward to writing more articles that hopefully you will like.
So without further ado, here are the 7 Best of The Product Poet for 2015 as measured by page views from Google Analytics, along with a summary of the posts:
- 7 Big Green Egg Accessories You Need Today: Here are 7 must have Big Green Accessories that every EGG head should own. Now I have many more, but these are my favorites.
- Check out The 30 Day Plank Challenge: Early this year I completed a 30-Day Plank Challenge, working my way (okay puffing my way) to a five-minute plank by the end of 30-days.
- 7 Fun Facts About Valleyfair: This post was about the best fair in the Upper Midwest, Valleyfair. Without a doubt, check it out.
- 7 Facts About The Black Cube Fry Pan: Here is my review of the Frieling Black Cube Fry Pan. There is no debate, it does fry great.
- Day 1 Recap – The Moon Palace Resort and Spa: This was a recap of my first day at The Moon Palace Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico. I actually recapped each day for my stay.
- 7 Things To Know About The Moon Palace: This was a preview post earlier of The Moon Palace Resort and Spa, before our Spring Break 2015 trip.
- How to Smoke Cheese on The Big Green Egg: When it comes to my Big Green Egg and my smoked cheese, all my friends do beg and ask for more please.
[hr gap=”1″]As always, thank you for following along and reading my posts. You can also find me on Twitter, by clicking here and following me, liking my Facebook page here and following me on Instagram here.