Best Burger in the Twin Cities? Check Out The Nook
I am hooked on The Nook.
One of my favorite burger joints in the Twin Cities, has to be Casper’s and Runyon’s Nook or simply named, The Nook.
Located in Saint Paul at the corner of Hamline Avenue South and Randolph Avenue, right across from Cretin-Derham Hall High School, you will find possibly some of the best cheeses-stuffed Juicy Lucy burgers in America.
But for before you dig into your burger, why not grab a glass of wine or a beer from several local breweries, while also noshing on some cheese curds. If you’re adventurous, go for the bacon-glazed cheese curds.
For those non-meat patrons, you can also get a black bean burger. I topped mine off with pepper jack cheese and a fried egg. Finding a really good veggie burger can always be a challenge, but The Nook’s was oh so good.
Lastly, the sweet potato fries at The Nook are some of my favorite anywhere. I believe they may add a little cinnamon to the sweet potato fries, because I can definitely taste just a hint. Make sure you get extra dipping sauce because you won’t be able to stop dipping these perfectly made sweet potato fries. My oh my.
Finally, the lines and wait times can get very long so make sure you have plenty of time. And by the way, there is a bowling alley underneath the restaurant and Cold Front ice cream is right next door if you want to eat dessert first. That can never hurt.
So without ado, here is my review in haiku:
Fries that will make you smile.
A Saint Paul legend.
The Nook is located at 492 Hamline Avenue South in Saint Paul. You can find their entire menu here. The kitchen is open daily from 11am to midnight.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)